Frederick Crowther required a robust solution that delivered business continuity and protected valuable machinery from flooding.
- Previous flooding meant a minimum of 1400mm high protection to the factory loading bays was required.
- The loading bays needed a simple to install barrier system and firm ground conditions due to heavy vehicles.
- A range of apertures from single doors to loading bays required flood protection.
- Frederick Crowther & Sons was flooded in Calderdale in the 2015 Boxing Day floods. The company has large industrial building with multiple loading bays and apertures.
- The Flood Company was asked to design and install a manual, cost effective flood defence solution to protect the building.
- The key driver for installing flood protection was to deliver business continuity and avoid the cost of damaged stock and machinery, loss of income from downtime and prevent disruption to a production line.
- The Flood Company cast a new concrete plinths along the loading bays and inserted metal plates to create a flat and robust threshold for the barriers to sit on and seal.
- The Flood Company installed our Buffalo HD Flood Barrier system to 1400mm high, which uses aluminium logs that are manually positioned across the opening prior to a flood alert. A number of demountable posts are required to create a flood wall in the loading bays.