Flood barriers are the UK’s number one way to protect your property from flooding. Flood barriers are versatile product, suitable for doors, windows, garages or driveways/loading bays. The most popular flood barrier is the demountable flood barrier, which requires permanent upright fixings to be installed either side of the aperture, but has removeable panels which are only installed in a flood risk event. Flood barrier design are available on our website, with PDF and DWG files downloadable.
Is the Buffalo Flood Barrier a DIY Flood Barrier?
The Buffalo Flood Barrier is easy to install with a few tools. The main things to consider are:
- Is the ground smooth and flat? The buffalo barrier utilises a gasket seal that requires a smooth flat surface to seal against. If the ground is not smooth, we recommend cutting out a section and laying a fresh concrete plinth or laying a metal c-section.
- Is there any obstructions in the line of the barrier?
- If you are installing a demountable post, is the concrete base solid?
Below is a guide to flood barrier installation and design.
Before implementation checklist:
- Clean the threshold clear of any dust or debris
- Check to make sure no cracks have formed along the threshold and that the seal around the uprights is intact. (Seal any cracks or damaged adhesive before implementation)
- Check the barrier rubber seals are clean, lubricated an undamaged.
- Clean and lubricate the rubber regularly before and after implementation to get the full life of the product.
Flood Barrier Installation Instructions
We would recommend using a silicone such as CT1 for sealing the flood barrier channels.
Make sure you have all the bolts and parts for your flood barrier.
The Buffalo Flood Barrier is available on supply only basis or supply and install.