A flood gate is a removable flood control product, which can be quickly deployed if there is a flood warning in your local area. There are two types of flood gate, hinged and static. A static floodgate is designed to slide into two permanent upright channels, which will be fixed to the wall either side of your door. When required, a flood gate can be quickly installed by sliding the panel into the upright channels and locking into place. Flood gates are versatile products and can be installed on houses or commercial properties.
A hinged flood gate is suitable for businesses at high risk of flooding. The flood gate can be single or dual leaf, and is fixed to the wall but can be closed in a flood situation. In most circumstances, these floodgates are closed on a daily basis. The benefit of the hinged floodgate is it does not require deployment and allows for maximum access to a site. The size of the floodgate will depend on the type of material, but it will be a combination of steel and aluminum. The gate can be engineered to your specification, so contact us for more information.
Advantages of Flood Gates
- Strong, versatile flood control, suitable for residential and commercial properties.
- Reliable flood control and easy deployment.
- Flood gates are suitable for doors, garages and loading bays, making them a versatile product.
- Flood gates can be made to any length and a flood wall can be created to protect a large area
- Height and width to suit any door or aperture (including garage door and loading bays)
Where can I install a flood gate?
A flood gate can installed in any aperture but requires a solid wall for the upright channels to fix into (no cladding). These will be permanently situated either side of the aperture. The second criteria is for a flat and smoot surface for the gate to sit on top, as this allows the gasket to create the flood seal.
There are optional extras for flood gates:
- Powder coating of upright channels – available in any RAL colour
- Covers for the upright channels – available in any RAL colour
- Metal plate for the ground – to create a hard smooth surface for the gate to sit on (used frequently in loading bays).
Can I install a flood gate myself?
Yes, our floodgates are available on a supply only basis. Our supply only services comes with all the equipment required to install the flood gate. Our flood gates have installed in the UK and all around the world, from Spain to Hong Kong and Macau. Email us to email@example.com and we can send you installation instructions.
For exports outside of the UK, we can arrange shippping or you can arrange to pick up the package from our factory.
Can I have a lock on the flood gate?
Yes, a lock can be included for security purposes.
Can I protect the gate from salt water?
Yes, we can provide special galvinising paint to protect the gate from salt water, perfect for coastal flood control.
If you have any further questions, please contact us on 01484 505509 or email us a specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.